The Dental Hygiene program is NOT currently accepting applications or enrolling new students. This admission/enrollment pause will remain in place until further notice.
The Dental Hygiene program is designed to prepare highly qualified dental hygienists through excellence in teaching, patient care, and responsive community service by utilizing state-of-the-art facilities.
The goals established for the Virginia Peninsula Community College Dental Hygiene program are:
- Goal 1 - To provide dental hygiene students with a world-class education by using quality faculty and state of the art technology.
- Goal 2 - To produce graduation and retentions rates that are comparable to other Dental Hygiene programs in Virginia.
- Goal 3 - To provide all dental hygiene graduates with 100% job placement.
- Goal 4 -To establish a program of study that allows students to articulate to a Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) at four-year colleges and universities.
- Goal 5 - To prepare dental hygiene students to communicate in a manner that promotes positive interpersonal relationships with patients, peers, employers and the community.
- Goal 6 - To prepare dental hygiene students with the skills and competencies required to provide total patient care by performing dental hygiene services in an effective and efficient manner which will exemplify high ethical standards and professional conduct.
- Goal 7 - To prepare students to successfully obtain a 100% pass rate on the National Boards and Southern Regional Board Examinations.