Become a certified professional so that you can be much better prepared for success and for better job opportunities in the workplace!
The Virginia Peninsula Regional Skill Certification Testing Center (RSCTC) offers a myriad of certification exams, using computer-based technology, the internet, and other cutting-edge processes. The Center is a comprehensive and dynamic resource for contributing to the community's workforce and economy by its offering of certification exams that address a variety of trades and professions.
Individuals with skill certifications have a competitive edge in the job marketplace because employers value and recognize skill proficiencies and reward them with better job opportunities and promotions. Skill certifications tend to be globally-recognized standards that are well respected in all industries, and individuals are better prepared for success with these certifications.
The Center administers and proctors exams for individuals by appointment only. Appointments are made on the website of the specific vendor who offers the computerized exams with the Center.
Our customers' needs are of the utmost importance to us, and we are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a large percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
The Center's staff proficiently delivers computer-based tests and professional certifications in a quiet environment that is security-minded to protect the integrity of exams administered. Staff adheres to required, strict testing policies and procedures recognized by vendor testing organizations, with consistency in administration.
We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and administer your exams for you with the best service in the industry.
Exams are administered and proctored by the Center for the following vendor companies.
- Certiport - Focuses on Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. For a complete listing of tests, visit www.certiport.com.
- Comira - Includes a wide array of civilian-related certifications such as the American Culinary Federation (ACF), the National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT), the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM), the Radiology Coding Certification Board (RCCB), and the U.S. Dept. of Transportation/Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration - National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME). To view a complete listing of tests, visit www.comiratesting.com.
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) - Primarily focuses on exams to enhance military members and veterans transfer their experience and skills in fields such as supply, transportation, and manufacturing into civilian employment opportunities. Exams such as the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) and Certified Production Technician (CPT) enhance job skills transfer. For more detailed information, visit www.msscusa.org/certification/.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) - The offering of exams in the health career arena offered from the NHA include Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), and Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). Visit the website of www.nhanow.com/certifications for details about their variety of exams that can be taken here, and call us directly at 757-865-5864 to schedule an exam appointment.
- Pearson VUE - Focuses on certifications in the fields of education and information technology (IT). Exams include American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), CISCO, CompTIA Security, Early Childhood Education (VCLA - Virginia Communications and Literacy Examination), GED (General Educational Development), Microsoft Office, Windows, plus 100+ more. For a complete listing of exams, visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/test-taker.aspx .
- Performance Assessment Network (PAN) - Exams mostly focus on government-related certifications for agencies such as the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), Border Patrol Agency (BPA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Transportation Security Agency (TSA), and USA Hire. Visit www.pantesting.com to see a complete listing of tests.
Exam Appointment Scheduling
- Visit your particular exam vendor website to register and pay directly with them. Virginia Peninsula's Regional Skills Certification Testing Center (RSCTC) does not schedule exam appointments (except for the NHA exams) nor does it accept exam payments.
- Plan to arrive 15-30 minutes earlier than your scheduled exam time.
- Bring the proper photo IDs that your exam registration information instructs you to bring. Most exam vendors require two (2) state or federal government photo IDs that bear the exact name that you registered with and they must also usually bear your signature on both of them. Copies cannot be accepted nor can IDs with expired dates.
- Personal items such as watches, cell phones, personal computers, etc. are not allowed into the testing room, except for specific items that the vendor registration directions inform you to bring. Lockers are provided for you to store items that are not allowed.
- Most vendors will allow you to reschedule 24-48 hours prior to your exam appointment time via your online account that you set up upon registering. Please be sure to read the specific details provided on your exam vendor's website.
- Most vendors will allow you to cancel your appointment up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled test appointment via your online account that you set up upon registering. Please be sure to read the specific details provided on your exam vendor's website.
Peninsula Workforce Development Center (PWDC)
600 Butler Farm Road, room 1014
Hampton, VA 23666
- Located adjacent to the Virginia Peninsula Community College main campus
- Directions are listed on each vendor's website when you register for an exam
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday - Thursday: 8:30am-4pm
- Friday: 8:30am-1:00pm
For additional information, please call (757) 825-4080 during our hours of operation.