Virginia Peninsula Community College offers short 10-week, 8-week, and two fast 5-week summer sessions, a great way to complete classes in a fraction of the usual time. With classes offered in Hampton, Williamsburg, and online, you're sure to find a class that fits your busy life. So hit the books and the beach this summer with Virginia Peninsula.
Visiting College Students
If you attend a 4-year college or university and intend to take a summer class to transfer back to your school, you are a visiting student. In order to expedite your registration in summer classes, please visit the schedule of classes to see what is available to you. Once you have found your class, please follow the checklist below:
- A complete unofficial transcript
- A completed and signed Visiting Student Enrollment Form
☐ Within 48 hours, you will receive confirmation to your VCCS email account that you are now registered. Visit MyVPCC to view your class schedule.
☐ Pay your tuition, buy your books, and have a great summer semester.
- Visiting Students should talk to their home school advisor to make sure prerequisites have been met for any community college courses they wish to take
- Many of Virginia's 4yr colleges and university find a VCCS equivalent transfer guide on their home school webpage which will show transferable community college courses
- Check your @email.vccs.edu email account often
- Your summer course will populate in CANVAS on the first day of the semester
- Upon completion of your course, make a request to have your official transcript sent electronically through Parchment to your home school.
If the course you seek is not offered at Virginia Peninsula, please search COLLEGEANYWHERE for a list of online courses at all 23 Virginia community colleges https://collegeanywhereva.org/
For specific questions contact:
Visiting Student Advisor
Summer sessions move quickly. Get the support you need to achieve your academic goals. Schedule a tutoring appointment via Navigate and visit the VPCC Library website for more information.