Inclusion & Belonging
Development & Learning
Engagement & Retention
Access & Equity
Systems & Processes
Welcome to the Virginia Peninsula Community College Great IDEAS Portal. You have landed on this page because you want to have an impact and we want to hear from you.
This portal is for you if you:
- Have identified a problem, issue, or glitch that is not easily fixed in your own department
- Have an idea that could improve, enhance, or strengthen an existing program or service that you don't directly manage
- Have a new idea that enhances the student, faculty, staff, alumni, or community interaction with the College
Once you submit your ideas, the Institutional Effectiveness Committee will begin a review. If you include your name with your idea, the committee may contact you for additional information. The committee will review and determine the level of impact and level of urgency. They will also determine next steps which may include:
- Forward the idea to someone at the college for easy implementation
- Convene a small group or department to determine if the idea can easily move forward
- Propose a review by another committee / group (i.e. presidents cabinet, constituency group, governance committee, etc.)
- Archive the idea for a later time when the college has greater resources to put towards the idea
The committee will begin this year reviewing all outstanding ideas from the 2021-22 academic year as well! Out goal is to create a mechanism to share back the ideas submitted and their status. Stay tuned for more information.