The Virginia Peninsula Educational Foundation, Inc., awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors who excelled academically and participated in extracurricular school activities or were active in civic organizations. The awards are based on merit, not demonstrated financial need. Any unused funds remaining at the end of the spring semester are returned to the Virginia Peninsula Educational Foundation, Inc.
- Graduating senior of one of the local public or private high schools or home-school program.
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5; and
- Enrolled and maintain full-time student status.
In addition to the standard Application Packet include:
- Letter of recommendation written by a teacher; and
- Statement of nomination, usually written by the student's guidance counselor, not to exceed two single-spaced typewritten pages which include:
- A description of the ways in which academic excellence has been demonstrated, and
- A description of extracurricular activities and/or civic work.