The Elizabeth Southall James Thompson Memorial Scholarship was established in 2001 to recognize and reward students who are long-time Hampton Roads residents financing their own college education. Mrs. Thompson was a native of Hampton who dedicated her life to her family, business, and community. She worked for 27 years with one of the leading realty companies of the region and became one of its principle owners. Starting her own construction company in 1980, The Kicotan Company, she completed more than 200 homes and was recognized for her outstanding work by her peers and the industry.
- Have a financial aid form on file with TNCC's Financial Aid office;
- Ineligible for state or federal need based grants;
- Enrolled in a degree program AA, AS or AAS degree;
- Previously have graduated from one of the high schools in the VPCC service area
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5 if a new student; and
- Minimum of 12 semester hours at TNCC with a minimum
- cumulative GPA of 2.5 if a return student.