Earn the 18 credit Unmanned Systems Career Studies Certificate through the following courses:
UMS 107 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Remote Pilot Ground School (3 credits)
- Prepare to take the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification Exam
UMS 111 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) (3 credits)
- Learn to fly drones manually and safely.
UMS 177 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Components and Maintenance (3 credits)
- Build a drone. Learn how to maintain and repair your drone.
UMS 211 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) II (3 credits)
- Learn how to fly autonomously.
CHOOSE 2 ELECTIVES:
UMS 193 – Drones for Mapping and Surveying (3 credits)
UMS 295 – Drones for Photography and Videos (3 credits)
GIS 200 – Introduction to Geographic Informational Systems I (3 credits)
GIS 201 - Introduction to Geographic Informational Systems II (3 credits)
The UMS CSC can be completed in just one semester.
Virginia Peninsula's Unmanned Systems (UMS) Program prepare you to take the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification Exam. To fly drones for commercial business, this certificate is required. Virginia Peninsula supplies the drones for courses. No prerequisites needed. Just you. With a Career Studies Certificate, you can start a career as a UMS flight technician, drone pilot of combine the certificate with a degree to position yourself ahead in this emerging field.
- Get the knowledge you need to earn the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification.
- Learn about safety, mission planning, manual flight demonstration emergency procedures, autonomous flight planning and demonstration.
- Drones can be used in many fields including: agriculture, wildlife preservation, delivery, disaster mitigation, insurance, inspection, first responders (EMS, fire, police), film making and photography, mapping, surveying, real estate, and much more.
*Search Unmanned Systems in the college catalog for class information.
Learn more about a career in this field, how much it typically pays, what the demand is, and how your education can help you become qualified.
For the most up-to-date information about this program, including courses, credits, and other requirements, please refer to our College Catalog.